Not only is it nearly the weekend, it's nearly Mother's Day weekend! We hope you're getting ready for some serious self-celebrations of the hand-me-that-mimosa-please variety. To help you wind down the week, here are some links we think you'll love.
- This New Yorker article takes you into Mindr's recent event with Nobel Peace Prize laureate Beatrice Fihn of ICAN. For real.
- The Motherhood+Public Power Index came out today, and it isn't good. Only 6% of positions of power in the US, China, India and Russia are held by women with children, while 87% are held by dads.
- In better news, black female founders are about to receive $36 million in funding.
- Our founder Sarah told Mommy Nearest what she wants for Mother's Day... and it's not a new vacuum cleaner.
- And finally, here's an even better gift idea to consider.
Happy almost-Mother's Day from Team Mindr!