In a week filled with highs and lows, we are here to give you the good, the bad, and the ugly:
1) Pregnancy discrimination, it’s a thing. The New York Times’ recent coverage on their podcast The Daily continues their investigation about women being unfairly punished on the job for being pregnant.
2) Motherhood is expensive. The Wall Street Journal finds that having kids is astronomically costly - more so than we may realize when we sign up for the gig.
3) The courts are getting a shakeup. Justice Kennedy is leaving the Supreme Court. The Justice has been the deciding vote for many key decisions, and his exit could signal the overturning of cases which protect gay marriage and abortion rights.
4) Women are taking Congress. This year has seen an unprecedented number of women running for office, and on Tuesday, 28 year old Alexandria Ocasio-Cortez joined their ranks unseating powerful, incumbent Joe Crowley in the Democratic primary.
5) Dream big. After years of fraud accusations and lawsuits, Elizabeth Holmes, the founder and former CEO of the blood-testing startup Theranos, is reportedly raising funds for a new company, proving to entrepreneurs that anything is possible.
Yes, this week was bonkers. Need a few pick-me-ups? Check out this two-in-one latte muffin. Download this amazing audible book Goodnight Stories for Rebel Girls, read by an ensemble cast. And we dare you not to happy cry while watching these babies hear for the first time. See you in July!