Oh hello, June! It may not always feel like it, but summer has arrived. Here’s the scoop to bring us up to date for the sunny days ahead.
- Need a good laugh? Don’t judge us, but we’ve been scoping out Porn for Women (it’s not what you think!), this grown man imitating his two-year-old, and a new podcast, “We Knows Parenting.” Check ‘em out if you want to have the ugly chuckles.
- In Serena news, Ms. Williams had to withdraw from the French Open due to an injury, but don’t worry, she’s still crushing it off the court telling one inappropriate reporter, “I can’t say I have been intimidated by anyone. That’s all. That’s it.”
- In case you needed more proof that parents can do it all, the woman who took her final law exam while in labor just graduated from Harvard Law School.
- And to top it off, a new study by the Institute for Women’s Policy Research finds that single mothers with college degrees earn 62% more than mothers with only a high school diploma, meaning these women are receiving significant returns on their educational investment. However, more policies and support need to be put in place to support women through their time at university.
- Following the deaths of two cultural icons Kate Spade and Anthony Bourdain, many are thinking about how to better understand and recognize mental illness.
That’s it for this week. Hope to see y’all again at our upcoming event in Union Square with the World Food Programme and Celeb Chef Pasquale Cozzolino (crying babies welcome), but if not, you can always catch us on the flipside, aka Instagram.
Ali Feldhausen is a writer, illustrator, Mindr intern, and advocate for care work, basically all the work done in the home. Not yet a mama, she hopes to use her passion for this field to create both policy and individual level changes that help everyone be happier and healthier.