It's been a helluva week, Mindr fam. Here we go:
1) People make mistakes, even Donald J. Trump. This Tuesday Trump rolled back remarks that put the honesty of U.S. intelligence agencies on equal footing with Russian leader Vladimir Putin’s word.
2) House Appropriations Committee just voted to make adoption for same sex couples more difficult. The bill still needs to be voted on by the House and the Senate, but the move has alarmed LGBTQ+ advocates.
3) Women make less in the gig economy. Studies done by the National Bureau of Economic Research and the Institute for Women’s Policy Research show that women earn less than men even in their side hustles.
4) This week’s Sports Illustrated runway was hot like a mother. Swimsuit model Mara Martin walked the runway while breastfeeding her five-month old, encouraging the world to #normalizebreastfeeding.
5) Serena Williams competes on behalf of moms. Once again proving she is the best, Williams dedicated her Wimbledon return to all the mothers out there.
Haven’t gotten your fill of Williams references? Check out her new commercial with Gatorade, which encourages us all to be strong #likeamother. Speaking of strong women, come join us for our next event Monday, July 30th with Audrey Symes who saw a need for diapers in low income families and made it happen.